Saturday, August 1, 2009

MEPS

Ahh MEPS...the long, tedious, hurry-up-and-wait MEPS. Before leaving for MEPS I was told that it would be long and boring and that no one enjoys it. I though did like MEPS. We left around 0900 Thurs morning from Springfield and got to Kansas City at approx 1500 Thurs afternoon (that's 3pm). Thursday was easy. We checked into our hotel and had the rest of the day to relax. I worked out for a while, showered, had dinner, and went to bed early. Our wake up call was at 0330 Friday morning. We were down at breakfast by 0400 and on the bus for MEPS by 0500. BTW, MEPS is the military's medical processing that all future soldiers have to go through before they can be accepted into the military. Here was the process: Introduction, eye/vision test, hearing test, drug test, blood test, and underwear olympics. Everything is pretty self-explanatory besides the underwear olympics...in short, they test our joints. A group of 9 girls went into a room, stripped down to our underwear and did a whole bunch of arm/leg/body movements. The whole process was a lot of hurry up and wait. We went quickly through each station but then waited a while to start the next.

I was finished by 1030 and waited the next 5 hours for my bus to arrive to take me home. I liked it because it gave me the opportunity to meet a lot of new, fun people. I'm looking forward even more to joining the military community/family now! This upcoming Friday I have my OCS board selection. I'll be going back up to Kansas City and meeting with the OCS board. They're ask me a whole lot of questions then decide if I should be an Army officer. I feel fairly confident about it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment